Following guidance from the Montgomery County Health Department, some facilities and programs will start back up the week of July 6.
Acting City Manager Dennis Enslinger said, “We were encouraged by how smoothly our Phase 1 reopening went, and we appreciate our residents and guests adhering to safety protocols to protect both themselves and our staff. We are currently bringing on additional personnel, conducting training, and adapting our operations, and we will be prepared to offer even more services and programs starting in early July.”
Recreational facilities and activities reopening as a part of phase 2 include:
- The Water Park at Bohrer Park opens July 6 for City Residents and Aquatics Members only
- Open skate at the Skate Park begins July 8
- Miniature Golf will be open starting July 8
- Farmers Markets at Casey Community Center and Main Street in the Kentlands resume operations the week of July 6
- Gaithersburg’s athletic fields will open for permitted use starting June 27
- Registration for FunZones, the city’s modified summer camp program, opens for City residents on June 24. Open registration, space permitting, begins July 1. The camps will operate at four sites, 8:30 am. to 4 p.m. from July 20 to August 14
For full information about the policies for each of the above facilities and activities, refer to the City of Gaithersburg Phase 2 release from June 22, 2020.